MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Watermark on HD camera
Topic Summary: HDV alert on HD camera - watermark on video
Created On: 5/23/2016 9:14 PM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/23/2016 9:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cliffds

Set up : Macbook Pro i7 - 16 GB Ram - Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt - Wirecast Studio 6.0 - Canon Vixia HF G20 HD camera with HDMI connection - Camera connected to Blackmagic through a HDMI cable from the mini-HDMI port of the camera.

I have purchased a Wirecast Studio 6 license. My camera is HD and not HDV. It doesnt have a Firewire port. However when I connected the camera through a HDMI cable, I am getting a watermark on the video and the alert that 'HDV source device will be watermarked'. I wrote to Support and was advised that "If you are connecting the camera with a firewire connection and bringing in HD video, you will need to purchase the HDV Firewire license which will unlock the HDV encoding option".

i am perplexed. If my camera is a HD camera and not a HDV camera and if it doesnt even have a firewire port and if I am connecting to it through a HDMI cable, why am I still asked to buy a HDV Firewire license?
 5/23/2016 9:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CraigS

Please update to Wirecast 6.0.8 and test again.
As you note HDV and HDMI are unrelated as the former is a compressed codec used via firewire and the latter is uncompressed over HDMI.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016