MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Desktop Presenter stutters and jumps with QuickTime movie
Topic Summary:
Created On: 5/20/2016 2:39 PM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/20/2016 2:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jbaugh2

I am trying to run desktop presenter stand-alone from a MacBook Pro to a MBPro running the WireCast app. Both computers are running El Capitan OS. Computers are both on same network. The MBPro running WireCast is connected to the network by ethernet. The MBPro running stand-alone Desktop presenter is connected to the network by wifi and is located about 8 feet from the wifi router.

When I try to broadcast a movie running in QuickTime 7 the resulting input in the WireCast shot is very jerky. The video is broken up and the audio stutters terribly. WireCast is 6.0.7.

The video source is being fed simultaneously to an overhead projector for local viewing. Could this be the source of the problem?

Thanks.
John
 5/20/2016 4:21 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Make sure it's Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.5.
Make sure Ethernet is Gigabit (not 100mbps).
Make sure there's nothing else using network bandwidth when testing.
I'd suggest testing with Quicktime X instead of Quicktime 7
Try without the projector hooked up (reboot the computer too) just in case as it's a GPU resource issue.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 5/24/2016 10:14 PM

Author Icon
Fotokimster

I never use Desktop presenter over Wifi... specially not when you dealing with video files. I have never got that to work good, instead I lay down a cat5e cable every time to the Desktop Presenter computer. If the video is "important" to look good, I play it simultaneously from Wirecast, or I put a SDI/HDMi cable and pull i into Wirecast as a normal SDI-source.

@fotokimster
 5/24/2016 10:43 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Good suggestions. I have used Remote Desktop Presenter over wifi for things like webpages where high frame rate isn't critical.
I've also found that it performs better with some players and web browsers than others. I personally find Firefox seems to have a higher frame rate than Safari.

CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016