MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: QuickTime from Keynote
Topic Summary: QT movie plays itself - can't forward manually with cmd-arrow.
Created On: 11/8/2013 6:38 AM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/8/2013 6:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
onos

Before, I could forward QT-movies manually with cmd-arrow, but no longer. The movie is going on automatically.
In KB you say about Importing Keynote Movies that I should choose "Interactive Slideshow". In my swedish Keynote I use "Manuell framflyttning" but no choice like interactive.
When movie goes live it advances automatically, picture by picture, no chance to stop and wait for manual advance.

MacBook Pro, Intel
Video from DV-cam, audio from mixer.
Wirecast 4.3.1, swedish
Broadcast to Original Livestream, H.264, Canvas 854x480
 11/8/2013 8:46 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

If you could before and can't now, something apparently changed. Obviously neither Wirecast 4.3.1 nor OS 10.6.8 has changed.
Perhaps a Keynote update broke this? What version of Keynote do you have?
Otherwise perhaps a user setting became corrupted.

Create a New User Admin account and boot into the new account.
Create a new Keynote video.
Open Wirecast new document and try using the new Keynote video in the new Wirecast document in the new account.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 11/8/2013 9:49 PM

Author Icon
bamedia

Same problem here!
I found out I can export to PDF. Choose Exportera: Diabilder. Alternativ: Ingen bock i nĂ¥got ruta. (No check. Every square empty.)
Than I can choose picture by picture with cmd/arrow.

Works in 4.3.1 and 5 OS X 10.8.5

/Bosse
 11/9/2013 12:50 AM

Author Icon
CraigS

Interesting tip.
Please post which version Keynote you have.

CraigS
 11/9/2013 3:30 AM

Author Icon
teletuv

Onos if you rename the file extension to end with m4p (not misspelled) does it work in 5.0?

Telestream Engineer
 11/9/2013 9:34 PM

Author Icon
bamedia

Originally posted by: CraigS
Interesting tip.
Please post which version Keynote you have.

I am using Keynote 09 version 5.3 (1170)

11/11/2013 5:58 AM

Author Icon
onos

Thanks for answers. More to bother you:
In some peculiar way the problem was gone when I tried again - but only with 4.3.1. When I tried 5.0 demo mode the same automatic browsing was there. (teletuv: no, same result with m4p.)

The Keynote was made in Keynote 5.3, but the same happened with 5.1.1.

I really don't know why it now worked in 4.3.1. I did not succeed for a couple of weeks on two computers (MBP 10.6.8 and iMac 10.8.5), yesterday I made new movies from both and they worked perfectly from both - but only in version 4.3.1! Frustrating that I cannot find the reason why not then and why now.

11/16/2013 6:49 PM

Author Icon
HighpointDavid

I'm having the exact same problem. QuickTime movies exported from Keynote '09 (5.3) that manually advance in Wirecast 4.3.1 auto advance in Wirecast 5.0.0 (demo mode). I'm reluctant to pay for the upgrade until I can verify it will work they way I need it to. PDF export is not always a viable option since it loses animated builds. I'm running it on a MBP 10.8.5. The only thing that changed was the Wirecast version. Both Wirecast versions are concurrently installed. Anytime the QT files are used in 4.3.1 they work right. They always wrongly auto advance in 5.0.0.
 11/16/2013 7:00 PM

Author Icon
HighpointDavid

Perhaps a related issue that might cast light on the problem... In addition to Command+RightArrow not manually advancing QT exports from Keynote in 5.0.0, Option+RightArrow does not advance between shots in 5.0.0 (unlike how it works in 4.3.1).
 11/16/2013 8:15 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Perhaps there's a pattern to the issue.
Another test might be using a file from the just released Keynote version.

Please fill out the form and link to this forum thread and we'll test on our end.
http://www.telestream.net/tele...st/contact-support.htm

CraigS
 11/16/2013 8:47 PM

Author Icon
HighpointDavid

I haven't tried the latest Keynote version, but assuming one of Apple's customer review comments is accurate it would seem unlikely it will work. It sounds like the QT export with manual advance option is gone in the latest Keynote version. [By JimM233 (Oct 23, 2013) - One feature that is missing (it was in V5 is the option to export to Quicktime using "manual advance" of the slides. My presentations are constructed on the Mac, but presented on a PC (which has no Keynote). The QT with manual advance works fine on a PC. Please replace "manual advance"]

I will fill out the support form.
 11/18/2013 4:13 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

That does point to a longer term development challenge given that a Keynote feature is no longer there. Although Apple may yet bring things back in new forms given how much has changed with the new versions of iWorks apps.

CraigS
 5/20/2016 6:47 PM

Author Icon
alazzerini

I know this thread hasn't been active for a long time, but I'm having this problem for the first time now. Even as the user manual says we can export Interactive Movies from Keynote and use them on Wirecast (https://www.telestream.net/pdf...t-6-User-Guide-Mac.pdf / page 80), this feature hasn't worked for years now. As Bamedia said before, what I do is export my Keynote presentations to PDF and use cmd-right arrow to advance the slides and cmd-left arrow to go back. Or I could go to menu Media and use the options "Play to Next Point" and "Jump to Previous Point". Everything was nice.

But when I upgraded from Wirecast 5 to Wirecast 6.0.8, this solution ceased to work. Now, cmd-arrow doesn't do anything and menu Media doesn't have "Play to Next Point" and "Jump to Previous Point".

Is this a feature that has been stripped from Wirecast 6? This is a core feature for me, really a game-changer. I may have to downgrade to Wirecast 5.

Computer and CPU: MacBook Pro retina 15 / 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Wirecast 6.0.8
 5/20/2016 7:36 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

What version of Keynote just in case that's a factor?
Fill out the form and report the issue. You may also want to point to this thread so the technicians can see age of the issue.
Updated report form link.
http://www.telestream.net/tele...upport.htm?contact=yes

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016