Increase font size
Topic Title: Setting up Twitch.tv Stream Help! :(
Topic Summary:
Created On: 9/11/2012 12:26 AM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 9/11/2012 12:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MottThunder2

OK so title basically sums it up. First off I downloaded HDPVRCapture which is a 3rd party application that allows my Hauppauge to be MAC compatible. Did that. It works awesome.

I downloaded Wirecast and am getting pretty good at understanding it after watching alot of YouTube tutorials but I can't figure out how to get it to capture from the Hauppauge directly because Wirecast does not recognize the Hauppauge as a Capture Card device.

My next thought was to use a screen capture program that is recognized by Wirecast. So I downloaded VLC which is used by the HDPVRCapture program to pull up your XBOX screen. So I did that. It works awesome.

Now my only problem is how do I screen cap that preview VLC screen so I can add it to Wirecast? Does anyone else know any other way? I'm more lost than a blind kid in a game of eye spy right now.

I've read something about Desktop Presenter or something but no clue what it is.

Sincerely,

A Boy who's desperately trying to set up a stream with a Hauppauge, and a MacBook Pro.
 9/11/2012 12:08 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Have you watched these tutorials?
http://www.telestream.net/wire...esources.htm#tutorials
You should to get a good grounding.

I do have some questions about your method of setup but until you see the tutorials, I'm not sure you'd be able to describe why you're setting things up the way you are.

Hauppauge devices aren't directly supported but given your Mac can see the input have you tried to see if Wirecast can see the input directly?
You really need to understand how Wirecast works to try this though. Please watch the tutorials.
That you're not sure how Desktop Presenter works is all the more reason to watch the tutorials.
You point Desktop Presenter to any window on your desktop and Wirecast sees it. Again, watch the tutorials.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 9/11/2012 2:18 PM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

Thank you CraigS i'll watch the tutorials when I get off work tonight and let you know if I was able to figure it out. Thanks for linking me though! and i'll let you know later on here how it worked.
 9/11/2012 5:40 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

You're welcome and please do post back after viewing the tutorials and testing.

CraigS
 9/11/2012 8:08 PM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

Hey Craig ok I watched some tutorials but still have some questions. For someone who enjoys technology so much i'm not very good with it. haha

But i've come pretty far and feel like I am VERY close to setting up a successful twitch.tv stream for my gaming.

Anyways here's a quick run down to where I'm at now that way you might be able to help me with my problems.

Ok so like I said I downloaded HDPVRCapture which allows my Hauppauge to be Mac compatible.
I also downloaded VLC that way I can pull up a preview screen of what the HDPVRCapture program is actually getting from the Hauppauge device.
Then I used Desktop Presenter to Capture a screen region (the VLC preview screen) that is my actual gameplay.

And all that works great! The only problem I am having is that the stream has a black bar on top, and a black bar on bottom when I do this. I'm sure you answer this question ALL THE TIME but how do I reformat that preview and stream screens to cut out those black bars so it's just the screen region I selected that goes out and cover the whole stream window.

Thank you so much for your continued help. I'm sure i'm one of the more noobie people on this forum
 9/11/2012 8:28 PM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

I also want me stream to be captured in the highest quality possible but I have a feeling using Desktop Presenter to select a screen region probably isn't the best way to go but my Hauppauge isn't recognized as a capture card by the wirecast software. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!
 9/11/2012 8:51 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Make sure VLC display, Wirecast Canvas Size, Wirecast Encoder setting all match so there's no scaling.

CraigS
 9/11/2012 10:23 PM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

Thank you so much! The Wirecast canvas size was off! But now it's all good! I'm very excited i've been able to make it this far and all the thanks goes to you!

My last concern now is just that there was SUCH a delay. It was literally almost a minute! I would like to be able to interact with the people in my chatroom. Any tips on how to get rid of this giant delay time? Thank you so much man! You've already helped me out a TON!
 9/11/2012 10:26 PM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

Also i'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I think I noticed a wirecast watermark popping up in my stream that I would like to get rid of. Can you tell me how to do that?

These are my last two questions. If I can fix these two things than you'll be done with me and my dumb questions forever! haha thanks man!
 9/11/2012 11:46 PM

Author Icon
digitalbuilt

When you register (pay for and enter code) the watermark goes away.

Connect on Linkedin
 9/12/2012 12:14 AM

Author Icon
MottThunder2

What?! I have to pay 500 dollars to make that go away!?!?
 9/12/2012 6:02 AM

Author Icon
hifistud

Indeed you do - just like the rest of us....

See Wirecast in use LIVE every night Sun to Thurs at 9pm UK time at www.vapourtrails.tv
 9/12/2012 11:59 AM

Author Icon
CraigS

If the developers and those of us who support the product can't make a living . . . no product.
Given what Wirecast does and the costs for competing switcher encoder products, it's a relatively low price.
This might be of interest.
http://www.inkbarrelvideo.com/new-features/

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.