MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: High CPU usage with 1080/720p - useless for stream
Topic Summary: High CPU usage while streaming and recording at 1080p
Created On: 5/20/2016 11:46 AM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 5/20/2016 11:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pavelpetrcz

Hello, I have problem with my Lenovo. In general I can not use Wirecast for streaming or recording video in 1080/720p because of GPU usage. When I change it to 720p x264 it works fine, when I record. Not both at same time.

When I tried 1080p not the x264 codec the output is not synchronized (video with audio). The final output is useless.

I am just wondering what is wrong, because I am running Lenovo Y700-15ISK with Intel Core i7 i7-6700HQ 2,6 GHz with RAM 8 GB 64bit Win8.1 Enterprise with Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, fully updated with SSD 128 GB. I think the notebook is not slow to run smoothly 1080p stream.

GPU usage can easily go to 100 %. Is there any solution, which can you recommend me?

For example this video was recorded in Wirecast to MP4 and then uploaded to video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK5w_qR5A8A

All graphics are just regular PNG pictures. I use AverMedia card connected by USB 3.0 as a input for Wirecast and regular USB 2.0 input for sound from my AKG P120 through Yamaha Audiogram 6.

In case you need more specific information please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks for any help.

Pavel
 5/20/2016 4:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CraigS

When the CPU hits around 80% or higher there's often issues with the stream and recording.
The i7-6700HQ is a very recent quad core so it should be able to handle 1080 streaming with x264 codec but there are other factors.
H.264 codec will use more CPU resources than x264 so, unless you have a technical reason you should stick to x264.
Do you have programs running in the background that might be using a lot of CPU cycles? Check in Task Manager for example.

Please update to Wirecast 6.0.8 and test again. Confirm that you've done this.

I really need your complete workflow. What's feeding your Avermedia card? What is your shot configuration? What are all your video input sources.

The best way to troubleshoot this is to start with a New Document and just a single source, the AverMedia source (no graphics, nothing else in the document at all) and test that streaming with 1080 x264 and no recording.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016