MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wirecast no more innovations?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 4/19/2016 9:56 PM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 4/19/2016 9:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sundayStreamer

Hi,
Wirecast 6 was released in November 2014. There was not any update on it during the last 10 months on Wirecast 6 and last week's update to 6.0.7 is really just a small bug fix release.
That leads me to the question: Is Wirecast still actively developed? 10 months without any update and then an update with only that few bug fixes let me doubt on that. It only can mean two things: Telestream is working on something "really big" for Wirecast or Telestream moved development ressources away form Wirecast and Wirecast is just in some kind of "maintenance mode" where only significant bugs are getting fixed and no new features are implemented any more.

In the past Telestream with Wirecast was one of the market leaders - but it does not feel like Telestream is willing to hold that position. I believe I am not the only one watching out for new features for Wirecast - things that have been requested for a long long time. I was hoping that there would be a new Wirecast version shown at the NAB, but I do not see any notice about that from Telestream.

I am missing things like the possibility to create streams with multiple audio output tracks (for multi language streams with only one video channel), H265 with a significant hardware acceleration, maybe any kind of encoding card that can take away load from the CPU if H265 is too heavy etc.

Is there any plan or commitment to Wirecast? Is Telestream willing to tell users anything about the future of Wirecast? (and I do mean more than something like "We are in general not talking about future plans on products")
Not seeing any news and not hearing any commitment from Telestream makes me looking for alternative products from other vendors...

-------------------------
-----------------
Streaming-Machine:
HP Z420:
- Intel Xeon E5-1650: 6x3.2GHz (=12 Threads)
- 24GB of RAM
- 128GB SSD (systemdrive)
- 1TB HDD for records and data storage
- BlackMagic HD Extreme 3D+
- Win7 x64
- Wirecast 5.0.3 Pro
 4/19/2016 10:33 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Lots of good stuff being cooked up. We can't talk about it though.

BTW Wirecast 6.0.7 was more than a bug fix. Facebook live streaming was added and that big for some people.

CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 4/19/2016 10:36 PM

Author Icon
sundayStreamer

Weeks, months or years as a time horizon (if you are allowed to say that)?

-----------------
Streaming-Machine:
HP Z420:
- Intel Xeon E5-1650: 6x3.2GHz (=12 Threads)
- 24GB of RAM
- 128GB SSD (systemdrive)
- 1TB HDD for records and data storage
- BlackMagic HD Extreme 3D+
- Win7 x64
- Wirecast 5.0.3 Pro
 4/19/2016 11:06 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

This year but I can't say when. Things are tested and when can never predict the results of testing and the need for further tweaking.
I think you will like it though.

BTW have you looked at Gameshow?
It's just for Gamers but you'll see we've been busy.
http://www.gameshow.net

CraigS
 4/20/2016 5:29 AM

Author Icon
mavik

The audio side needs definetely improvement. I just remind of my years old request of adding ASIO and a proper mixer to Wirecast.

Dell E6530, I7-3720QM, 8GB Ram (Mobile)
I7-4790, ASUS Z87 Quad Deluxe, 16GB (Desktop)
Sintrones VDB-310 (mPCIe)
PE4L + AverMedia 727 (ExpressCard)
FFI VC400DE-SDI 4CH 3G-SDI equivilant to Magewell
Intensity Shuttle (USB3.0)
AverMedia LGP (USB 2.0)
 4/20/2016 3:04 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

We're certainly aware of the need for more flexible audio features.

CraigS
 4/26/2016 4:08 PM

Author Icon
michaelgraves

NAB has passed, with the Facebook feature being the only new item. That implies that IBC in September is the next opportunity to have a release timed to something in the broadcast world. Perhaps they'll offer NDI integration on the next go around. It seems to be a popular item elsewhere.

Wirecast v6.0.6
AMD FX-6100 6-core @ 3.3 GHz
10 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HD
1 GB AMD Radeon HD 7450
Windows 10 - 64 Bit
AVER Media Game Broadcaster HDMI capture
BMD Intensity Pro PCIe HDMI capture
Logitech C920(2), C930e, BCC950, CC3000e
 4/26/2016 8:16 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Our major product releases are not tied to trade shows even if they may be exhibited at such shows.

CraigS
 4/28/2016 2:29 AM

Author Icon
sidimustafa

I totally agree with the original poster.
when i take a look at vMix, which came on the scene way after Wirecast, i must say vMix has listen to their followers and have done lots of work to hold the market.
I'm not so impress with vMix UI, and the deepness of menus, is not my best friend, so i faithfully holds on to WC.
however i started taking some serious playing around with vMix, and the options are so great..

Still hoping to get a super release from WC which will outshine vMix in all categories..
what i would like to see on WC, is an AUX output, meaning, i can put any camera out via the AUX output, or, a clean program feed without Lower Thirds, or even the bug this will allow me the option to record two versions of the production.

Also, i have had issues sending the HDMI feed out to the Atomos NINJI for secondary recording, would love to see that issue looked into.
ISO recording would also be a great feature..
option to add variables to the Lower Third Text eg "System date", "current time", or even variables from a text file
i can go on and on, i mean i can go and fill out a feature requst, but on the other hand, i think WC can take look around at some other programs in the same price range, see what the offer, and either enhance it, or add it as is, not have to sit and wait for ever client to fill out the feature request...some might find that to much work and just move on to another app.

Also, i think WC should look into making an office iPad or Android app for control of WC

O/S: MAC OSX 10.9.5
MacMini: Late 2012
CPU: Intel i5 @ 2.5GHz
RAM: 8.0 GB

Cap.Cards:
1. Black Magic Intensity Pro
2. Black Magic UltraStudio Mini-Recorder
3. Black Magic ATEM TVS
4. Kworld (VS-USB2800D)
 4/28/2016 3:18 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Given the frequency I ask people to send in feature request one might suspect the developers are working on something as they always are.
Please make requests. The developers have no problem if you make comparisons to competing products.
Please do go on and on. Developers need to hear from you. The more the better.
http://www.telestream.net/tele...upport.htm?contact=yes

CraigS
 5/25/2016 5:17 PM

Author Icon
tariqbhatti

Any info on anticipated release of wirecast 7? We may need to upgrade (due to the Quicktime vulnerability) but would hate to upgrade to 6 now if 7 is around the corner! :-)
 5/25/2016 7:18 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

I can't give dates but I can say it's being worked on.

Please do continue discussions in the new forum as this forum will be Read Only by the end of the day.
https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/category/wirecast

CraigS
 5/26/2016 6:01 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Note in today's email:
"Upgrade to Wirecast 6 before June 10, 2016 and not only will you get all of the new features of Wirecast 6, but you will get the next major Wirecast upgrade FREE. We're serious. Two Wirecast upgrades for the price of one."

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016