MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Avermedia C985 HW encoding support
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/9/2015 2:03 PM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/9/2015 2:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
l05443

Hi everyone,

we currently use an external camcorder as a video source and have it via hdmi and a Avermedia Live Gamer HD lite (C985) connected to Wirecast. The encoding settings allow to use two software encoders (x264 and H.264 MainConcept). However the Avermedia card supports hardware encoding. Is it possible to use that feature with Wirecast?

Robert
 11/9/2015 4:54 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

The C985 is "manufacturer" tested so we haven't tested that. You can certainly test but often Wirecast doesn't like H.264 compressed sources. Since Wirecast is a switcher compositor it would have to decode the source in order to use it which can take up system resources. If you mean using it as an encoder for streaming, Wirecast doesn't use external encoders unless you hardwire them using External Monitor Output or Video Out through Blackmagic device (Wirecast Pro only).

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 11/10/2015 1:58 AM

Author Icon
LLawson

I use the C985 regular and it works fine, sadly it will not work with two cards though so if you decide to buy a 2nd one it will not see the 2nd card. This card also works, seems to work as well as the Live Gamer HD version and works in conjunction with another model if you need two

http://www.avermedia.com/consu...am/game_broadcaster_hd
 11/10/2015 12:14 PM

Author Icon
l05443

Hi CraigS and LLawson,

thanks for your replies.

That answered my question. The C985 card can be used as a video source, however stream encoding will have to be done in software. Wirecast doesnt support using the integrated HW encoder to reduce CPU workload.

Robert
 11/10/2015 5:06 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

The developers are always at work to advance the encoding efficiency in it's computer hardware use. If you look at our new streaming product for gamers, GameShow, you can see some of that work.

CraigS
 11/23/2015 3:45 PM

Author Icon
LLawson

Gameshow is fine craig but we are using wirecast and need newer stuff "hardwrae" to work with wirecast not a new product that is another investment and is not in support of what we already use and have paid for.
 11/23/2015 8:13 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Gameshow uses computer features, not input cards, to improve encoding efficiency. That would be nVidia cards or IntelQuickSync processor assisted encoding.
Wirecast (and Gameshow) do better with uncompressed sources because they are switcher/compositors. If they get a compressed source that must be uncompressed that actually increases the use of resources (less efficient).
The card makes make their own drivers so the driver may need to support multiple cards. Many aren't designed to do that.

CraigS
 5/23/2016 2:26 PM

Author Icon
caribmanpr57

Hi,i have the AverMedia Gamer HD ,I try to send the signal from our church video switcher Data video 600 analog video to a Ocean Matrix analog to HDMI converter and cant have the video, appear a HDPC message or over range message, I use the hdmi output of my canon 7D MII to the Gamer HD and no have problem,the video is ok,i want to know what happen,the function of the ocean matrix is only convert the analog signal to hdmi
 5/23/2016 2:54 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

HDPC means there's copy protection on the HDMI signal.

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016