Increase font size
Topic Title: Wirecast for YouTube: how to turn off monitoring of single source
Topic Summary: Trying to get the echo out of my head
Created On: 9/12/2013 9:01 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 9/12/2013 9:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Psychlist1972

Setup:

Main PC running WireCast for YouTube, streaming live.
Separate laptop running Skype for guest / co-host. Using desktop presenter to share audio and video from Skype on the separate PC.

Problem:

With monitoring turned on, I can hear my co-host, and also all the media I play. This is good. Unfortunately, I can also hear myself with about a 1 or 2 second delay. This is not good. It messes up my timing and just gets a bit confusing.

Any way to mute just the monitoring (not the broadcasting) of one specific audio source? I still want to hear the clips and the co-host/guests, but I don't want to hear myself.

Alternatively, if someone knows of a Skype integration approach which works better than this, please let me know. I'd love to get rid of the desktop presenter delay in audio/video, but that's not the main issue.

Thanks.

Pete
 9/12/2013 11:21 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

There's currently no way to just mute the monitoring of a single source. I think there's some interest a feature like that.
File out the form and link to this forum thread so the developers can read the context.
http://www.telestream.net/tele...st/contact-support.htm

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 9/12/2013 11:27 PM

Author Icon
Psychlist1972

Bummer, thanks. Any idea if it's possible to do through the API?

During my stream today, I found this to be close to a deal-breaker. I'd love to know how other people are working, as they either have to hear their own voice, or they lose hearing all the content, including other speakers (if they have guests) and loaded content.

Also, I've noticed a LOT of support threads here that end with "fill out a form" but then there's no resolution. No one posts the solution, so invariably we have to tie up support with more questions. Do the answers get posted in a FAQ or other doc somewhere?

Pete
 9/13/2013 12:28 AM

Author Icon
CraigS

I often have Skype guests on my streams.
I monitor Skype and observe the meters in Wirecast.
If you have Wirecast Pro you can watch Skype meter (Desktop Presenter) and host mic separately.
Some use an external mixing board and monitor that.

I certainly understand the importance of "mix minus" monitoring (how it's often referred to in the audio world).
Make sure you've filled out the form. The more people request it the greater the chance it can influence the developers.

Altenrate workflows are posted in the forums in response to such requests.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.