Increase font size
Topic Title: Cannot get Skype audio into Ustream
Topic Summary:
Created On: 8/27/2012 7:43 PM
Status Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 8/27/2012 7:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AJLChase

Hello. I am unable to get Skype audio from my co-host to broadcast over Ustream. I can get her Video, my Video and my Audio to broadcast on Ustream, but not hers. I have two different headsets that I can use. One is a Logitech G35 *gaming* headset that plugs in to my PC via usb. The other is a much cheaper logitech headset that plugs into an external Soundblaster Sound Card via jacks. I've tried messing around with the audio settings on both and am having no luck. Any advice? Hopefully I don't have to use a sound mixer just yet.
 8/28/2012 3:14 AM

Author Icon
mavik

DTP picks up audio as well.

-------------------------
Dell E6530, I7-3720QM, 8GB Ram
Sintrones VDB-310 (mPCIe)
PE4L + AverMedia 727 (ExpressCard)
Intensity Shuttle (USB3.0)
AverMedia LGP (USB 2.0)
 8/28/2012 1:11 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Please make sure you're using Wirecast 4.1.4 with Desktop Presenter 2.0.2. As mavik notes, DTP also grabs audio. Also make sure you are on Windows 7 or at least Vista as XP doesn't support this function.

If you want more help please read READ BEFORE POSTING near the top of this forum. Without details all we can do is make guesses. We have to know your complete setup.

CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 8/28/2012 9:55 PM

Author Icon
AJLChase

CraigS I apologize for not filling in the required fields.

Fresh install of Windows 7 64
500GB HDD
i7-620 Processor
8GB memory
Two Nvidia Gefore 260 Graphics cards in SLI
28" Hanns G Display

I'm updating Wirecast as we speak and will update DTP if needed. I did make sure capture audio was selected on DTP as well as ran bonjour just in case. I hope to have more information for you later. Thanks.
 8/29/2012 1:35 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

If the Audio Driver properly installs with Wirecast than DTP brings Skype into Wirecast which will send to Ustream. If the audio driver fails to install that would prevent DTP from bringing in the audio.

CraigS
 8/29/2012 1:42 PM

Author Icon
AJLChase

CraigS thank you. When updating Wirecast I noticed this time, when bringing Skype with audio enabled into Wirecast, that the Sound/VU meter would move when my co-host spoke as well as when I spoke. I did not try to record our conversation to see if it at least saved it in Wirecast alone but still had issues getting audio into Ustream. Later today I will see if there are other drivers I can update that might fix this. Thanks!
 8/29/2012 2:00 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

If Wirecast sees the audio it will encode it and send it to Ustream. Wirecast and its encoder can't exclude audio that it sees as verified by the meters or monitoring (with headsets to avoid feedback . . . but you will hear a short delay noticeable on voice).

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.0 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.