MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016

Telestream Community Forum
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can't Copy/Paste And Then Save
Topic Summary:
Created On: 7/20/2015 1:33 PM
Status Read Only
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 7/20/2015 1:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nelson

I have a big project (2hrs 43mins) that I am dissecting into smaller videos (5-10 mins). When I try to cut clips from one project to the other and try to save the new project, I am never allowed to save. I get an error that looks like this:

ScreenFlow encountered an internal validation error preventing it from saving the document. Please try undoing your recent actions and then contact technical support with this message.

Sometimes the error will also include this:

"Clip Duration is not quantized correctly"

I'm running:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
1TB HDD (half of that is free space)

Screenflow:
Version 5.0.2 (24583)
 7/20/2015 5:56 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Please include step by step so I can reproduce the issue.
I tested by splitting a screen recording in the timeline of one project, copy and pasted it into a new open project. I was able to save both projects.

-------------------------
CraigS
Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator
 7/21/2015 2:18 PM

Author Icon
nelson

It's kind of hard to detail everything I've done, since this document is almost 3 hours long. Essentially I have recorded my screen probably 30-40 times, I have split clips, added freeze frames, now I am trying to copy clips and paste them into a new project.

It'll work fine when I copy a few clips over, but as soon as I copy several over I get those error messages. This time around, I was able to paste 7 clips and then I got this message:

"Start Time is not quantized correctly (237812)"

7/21/2015 2:18 PM

Author Icon
nelson

It's kind of hard to detail everything I've done, since this document is almost 3 hours long. Essentially I have recorded my screen probably 30-40 times, I have split clips, added freeze frames, now I am trying to copy clips and paste them into a new project.

It'll work fine when I copy a few clips over, but as soon as I copy several over I get those error messages. This time around, I was able to paste 7 clips and then I got this message:

"Start Time is not quantized correctly (237812)"

7/21/2015 2:57 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

If it's only happening when copying multiple clips perhaps it's a memory issue or perhaps you're copying an effect or action. That's not the best way to work. You can simply export sections using In and Out points. There's no need to create separate documents. Sometimes people do that after a long capture though as they want to treat sections independently. The problem with that is that since the entire file must be copied to each document it can use up a lot of hard drive space.

CraigS
 2/5/2016 5:51 PM

Author Icon
kgratiano

I'm getting the same problem. Anytime I copy over more than 3-4 clips (Less than 15 sec ea), the file can no longer save and gives me a similar "clip not quantized" error. I think it's a bug in the software. I have 80GB of disk free and have 16Gb of memory and screenflow is the only app open and the entire video clip is less than 2 min, so if it's a memory issue, Screenflow is eating up WAY too much memory for such a simple process.
 2/5/2016 8:54 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

I'd like to help but there's not enough information. Please see the previous posts and provide complete information.

CraigS
 3/16/2016 10:08 PM

Author Icon
elliot

I recently upgraded from version 4.5.3 to version 5.0.5. What I previously did in version 4 is record separate pieces, then copy and paste pieces from one Screenflow file to another and then export that Screenflow to create a video. I recorded 4 separate pieces in version 5 and when I tried to copy and paste and then save the file before exporting, I get the error message "ScreenFlow encountered an internal validation error preventing it from saving the document. Please try undoing your recent actions and then contact technical support with this message." I undo the recent action (which is the copying and pasting from the other Screenflow file) and I'm able to save. But for whatever reason, version 5 keeps giving me that error message.

Please advise as to how I can copy and paste pieces from one file to another and save. Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
250GB HDD (32GB free space)
 3/17/2016 12:29 AM

Author Icon
CraigS

Screenflow 5.0.6 on OSX 10.11.3.
With multiple documents open I can Command C (copy) and command V (paste) between any timeline in any document. I can also drag and drop files from one media bin or timeline to another.

Please include step by step so I can repeat your steps because it works for me using the common methods of moving media from one document to another.
You may want to make a screen recording so I can see your steps.

CraigS

Edited: 3/17/2016 at 12:44 AM by CraigS
 3/17/2016 12:44 AM

Author Icon
CraigS

CraigS
 5/25/2016 10:35 AM

Author Icon
znerd

I have the same issue. And it's consistent across restarts of the application. Steps to reproduce:
- use ScreenFlow 5.0.5 (26488) on OS X 10.11.4 (I'm using an iMac 13,2 with 32 GB)
- take a screen capture
- split it up in multiple sections
- duplicate one section (Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- save (Cmd-S)

Expected result:
- file is saved

Actual result:
- ScreenFlow encountered an internal validation error preventing it from saving the document. Please try undoing your recent actions and then contact technical support with this message.

@CraigS: Are there some log files that should provide some information that I can share with you so you can determine the root cause?
 5/25/2016 10:58 AM

Author Icon
znerd

Just found out that this forum will be closed today.

Hence, created a similar issue on the new forum:
- https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com/t/m2855d
 5/25/2016 4:01 PM

Author Icon
CraigS

Thanks for using the new forum. I responded there.

CraigS

FuseTalk Basic Edition v4.0 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

MOVING TO NEW FORUM link https://telestreamforum.forumbee.com This forum will become READ ONLY on Wednesday May 25, 2016